Civil Division


Contact:  (417) 868-4074 (option #2)

The Civil division of the Circuit Clerk’s office maintains all official records when the legal rights and responsibilities involving individuals or corporations are to be determined by a court. The Associate Civil division handles small claims cases for money owing up to $5,000.00, rent and possession, and civil actions up to $25,000.00. The Circuit Civil division handles lawsuits involving actions over $25,000.00 and enforcement of private rights between parties.

Individuals can also petition the Court to reinstate their driving privileges or to get a title on a vehicle.

Entries of court activity can be accessed on most cases through

Court Clerks are prohibited from giving legal advice pursuant to Supreme Court, Operating Rule 25.

To request a copy from a case click here.



These cases consist of rent and possession, collection cases, etc. up to $25,000. There are no forms available to file in associate level. You will either have to do research on how to draw up a petition or consult an attorney.



These cases consist of major torts, collections, etc. over $25,000. There are no forms available to file in this level. It is highly suggested that you consult an attorney.



A party in a civil action may choose to participate in the judicial process without legal representation and represent herself/himself in court.  This is called pro se.  Although it is strongly recommended that a party be represented by legal counsel, self-represented litigants have a right to access the judicial system without legal representation. 




To file for an Expungement of arrest or criminal records click here and scroll down for information on how to file.

For Landlord / Tenant information click here.

For Small Claims information click here.

Document that is issued by court for reinstatement of license when license has been suspended For failure to appear or failure to pay.
Newer Cases:
Civil and Domestic cases filed from 2008 to the present;
Criminal and Traffic cases filed from 2006 to the present.
Older Cases:
Civil and Domestic cases filed before 2008;
Criminal and Traffic cases filed before 2006.